Sunday, October 12, 2008

I've got my lunch packed tight I hope I don't get in a fight


I made it to Oregon (I few weeks ago, I'm just getting around to talking about it.) I would have a lot more pictures to show for the last few weeks but I put my SD card into my computer and it decided to delete all my pictures....so as soon as I figure out how to retrieve my lost pictures I'll have a little more to talk about. I know this is such a crappy picture but it's a picture of a picture. Isn't it so cute! Vince helped me drive to Oregon and I am so thankful that he came a long. Throughout the 20 hours of driving there was a constant squeaking noise that my car was making. So as soon as we got to Klamath Falls we took it to a mechanic to see what the problem was. Well it turns out it was something called the wheel barring. I guess it's kind of important or something. From what I hear we're lucky that the tire didn't pop off. If I would have known that squeaking noise was that bad, I would of had it looked at when it started 6 months ago. Lesson learned: No squeaky noise will go unnoticed. So back to the story. Getting the wheel barring normally wouldn't be a problem except for the small detail that Klamath Falls is a really small town and I guess everything closes on the weekend. So they told us we'd have to wait until Monday to get the car fixed. Oh what a dilemma. Vince had to be in Bend by Sunday so he could catch his flight home....so some how we had to get to Bend two and a half hours away. So we called up the rental company and rented a car so Vince could go home. I think we handled the situation well. I mean what else could we have done?! So now I'm in Klamath Falls without my family and friends. It was so sad to say good bye to everyone but I'll be home in 63 days.
I did have my first day of school. The first week was orientation. They had us go out with the juniors a lot. They assigned each of us to a mentor whos job is suppose to guide us through the program. I like the idea...but I'm more excited about being a mentor to someone else next year. Since I've been in school it's been nothing but study study study. I think I have a test a day. There is just so much to know. Right now we're studying ethics, dental nutrition, head and neck anatomy and all our clinic work...like cleaning teeth. Out side of school I spent the first two weeks unpacking boxes and putting things away. I think my room is pretty cute for being a college student's room. All I have now is a mattress the sits on the floor. Maybe when I have some money I can get a bed but for now this will work. The Desk, file cabinet and book shelve all came from Wal mart Room-in-a-box. The mattress was the cheapest I could find. I bought the two lights because no light drives me crazy! I also got a black wooden candle holder which I put all my jewlrey in that I think is pretty cute. You can barely see it in this picture. It's sitting right next to the lamp.

1 comment:

Karisa Tomkinson said...

Hey cute girl! I haven't talked to you since... forever! How is Oregon and Dental Hygiene school turning out? I hope all is going well! Hope to talk to you soon! Love ya!