Sunday, March 16, 2008

Crapplebees

Every Saturday night I work as a server at Applebee's. I've been doing this every weekend since Thanksgiving. This is the worst job in the world. It motivates me to finish school and get a good job. It really is hard working with a team of people who hate their lives and the people they work with. I work with some pretty crazy people. There are a few employees who frequently talk bad about each other. Last night was the worst that I have ever seen the tension. One of the servers was angry with the host because she kept seating customers in her section. She went to the host to tell her that it was unacceptable and the host began to further instigate the young server. The server became enraged and began yelling across the restaurant to the host to be more aware of the situation. The server, carrying a huge stack of dishes, threw them on the ground in a fit of rage; Breaking dishes and scattering food everywhere. She then ran to the manager to tell him about the situation. The manager came to the front to talk to the servers and explained that if he was to hear another complaint about another person in the restaurant, he would fire them.

I approached him after his engaging speech to explain....
"I need to talk to you about Jim, He smells really bad. Everyone can smell it and I think it's getting to some of the customers."

Ricardo, the Manager, looked at me and put his head down and sighed "Ashley....."

It was a great night*


*No, it wasn't

But, before I was able to grace my work with my presence. I was able to attend a bridal shower for my good friend Tiffany. I made the cutest card for her.

Here's the card attached to the present. I am such a good friend.

No comments: